iPad Dos the new iPad Pro 9.7 A9X chip have three cores?

snow755

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Dos any one think the iPad 9.7" pro A9X chip will have three cores ? Like the iPad Air 2 A8X chip I find the A8X chip too be the best chip in a IOS Device has it makes my iPad run vary fast so am hoping is that the iPad 9.7" pro A9X chip will have three cores 4 cores will even be better

Marshall73

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2015
We don't know that for sure but it most likely will be yes. Even so, it'll be quite close to the 12.9" performance.
Check the specs on the website, it's either clocked lower or a different chip. I would say, clocked lower is far more likely.
image.jpeg

AliMacs

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2014
Check the specs on the website, it's either clocked lower or a different chip. I would say, clocked lower is far more likely.
View attachment 622271
You are absolutely correct - the iPad 9.7" is much smaller than the pro - let's not all forget about those 4 speakers lol. You can almost BET they will sound not as impressive as the 13" model. The 13" model has so much room to breathe there is literally no throttling of the cores. I'm almost certain the 9.7" is clocked lower but not by too much. Can't wait to hear the complaints about how tiny the speakers sound ;)

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
You are absolutely correct - the iPad 9.7" is much smaller than the pro - let's not all forget about those 4 speakers lol. You can almost BET they will sound not as impressive as the 13" model. The 13" model has so much room to breathe there is literally no throttling of the cores. I'm almost certain the 9.7" is clocked lower but not by too much. Can't wait to hear the complaints about how tiny the speakers sound ;)
wait are you suggesting that doubling then number of tiny onboard speakers isn't what makes it a $100 better device!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.