DosBox on Mac (HELP MEEE!!!)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Shadzewalk, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Shadzewalk macrumors newbie

I can't find out what command to type to get DosBox to recognize my cd-rom.
    I'm trying to get stonekeep to run. . .
    Someone please help me, will ya?

2. skatercasper macrumors newbie

im trying to figure this out also and i cannot for the life of my klearn to do this if anyone could help me ot would be greatly appreciated!

3. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Try

mount d /Volumes/xxxxx

replace xxxxx with the name of the CD under /Volumes [It is the name that appears under the CD logo on the OS X desktop].

Appears to work under Boxer.app (variant of dosbox).

4. amusiccale macrumors 6502

I use dosbox, and that's how (post above this) I get to my external hard drive. Old school tetris FTW.

5. skatercasper macrumors newbie

the name under the stonekeep disk logo? sorry im very new to this and im not to good with doing alot of this stuff. thanks. i just downloaded boxer and it gives me a c:games folder which is one thing i need badly and couldnt figure out how to make myself so hopeflly i can figure this out.

6. skatercasper macrumors newbie

ok i got this working and im excited. but i have a problem i do sound test... works. video test... works. i go to play the game and i get

" ERROR: Cannot find CONFIG file. Please run SETUP."

any help ?

7. certsoft macrumors member

certsoft

I installed Boxer on my MBP and much to my surprise I was able to get Tango Schematic Capture and PCB layout software to work, at least in fullscreen mode. Although the DosBox documentation doesn't mention it, their VGA driver also seems to support VESA modes so I'm able to use 1024 x 768.

I never could get those to work under Parallels/Win2000 because Tango did some uncool things with mouse cursors or something.

I don't need to use those programs very often but it will be nice to be able to use them on my MBP instead of an ancient Dell running Win98!

Thanks for mentioning Boxer.