Dot Mac Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hustle, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I've got a Dot Mac account and a Vista PC and iPhone. I'm using Outlook 2007 in Vista to use my email service, however, when I receive an email, Outlook downloads it, however when I delete it from Outlook, it does not delete it from the server, only from Outlook and therefore, my iPhone picks up the email as unread and I have to delete it once again.

Does anyone know how I can sort this?.

Cheers

2. Foxile macrumors regular

Is there not a setting in Outlook that says something like 'Keep copy on server' ??
    If there is, just uncheck that.

3. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then that downloads the message automatically and deletes it, meaning if my computer is on and I'm away and hoping mail will go to my iPhone, it wont as the mail would have been deleted automatically before my iPhone has time to check for new mail... does that make any sense?. :D

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

It would only do that if the PC were on and Outlook were running. If you either close Outlook or shut down the PC while you're away, then new incoming messages are still undelivered and the iPhone will retrieve them. If you must leave the PC on and Outlook running, then the only option is to leave them on the server for the iPhone to retrieve; can't have it both ways.

You need to specify what combination of events you want to take place, but it sounds like you want a conditional rule here that I'm not sure Outlook nor dot Mac provide.

5. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Do you have the account on outlook setup as an imap server or a pop server? If it is pop I would remove it and set it up as IMAP

6. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su