Dot Mac questions!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hustle, May 30, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Hi, i've had .mac for a year now and just had an email telling me that I need to renew the service within 30 days as my year is up.

My question is, I'm a student, so can I use student discount to renew the membership?.

Also, I see people selling dot mac subscriptions through eBay and on Macrumors, can I purchase one of these to renew the membership and if so, how do I do this?.

Thank you.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You can use any still-sealed valid .Mac membership to renew. I never bought one from eBay, but I am sure you can use your student discount. The Apple Stores though cannot sell student discounted software, only hardware, so you probably have to do it online.

3. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I don't think they discount .Mac for students...but you can usually but it off amazon for cheaper than apple.com. Next week they are getting ready to update .Mac it sounds, so maybe there will be a price drop? Probably not, but I can hope.

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You are correct, I don't see a discount on the edu website. I guess they don't count it as software.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

correct, its considered a service. and its usually reliable to get from amazon at a decent price imo.

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Amazon.com is usually $69. I happened to get lucky and find it there for $59 one day.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

And they have free shipping on it too!