Dot Mac versions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HLdan, Sep 12, 2007.

1. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sorry if this has been brought up before but it's near time for my dot Mac subscription to be renewed and I see multiple versions of dot Mac lingering around the web. Verison 3.0-5.0 and I just wanted to know is there any difference. I could save a little cash if I got one of the older ones but I don't want to lose features. I called Apple this evening and their sales rep said that that the latest version offers the 10GB storage. I'm not buying his answer because I currently get that now so I can't see renewing a subscription would give me less space.
    Anyone with experience buying dot Mac?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Ya know I was think the same thing three weeks ago. This is my second year with .mac. So this year I thought about why there were different versions. So I just bought 3.0 and it worked fine for me. No problems at all

3. HLdan thread starter macrumors 603

HLdan

Really, has it already renewed and are you getting the same functionality and storage space? Also where did you pick it up and for how much?

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Yup, the cheapest place I could find it was eBay for 68.00 bucks. Here is what I have in .mac

Attached Files:

5. HLdan thread starter macrumors 603

HLdan

Cool, well that helps a whole lot. Right now no good deals on Ebay but now that I know the versions don't matter I will mimic what you did. Thanks much@ :D

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

You still might want to call them and ask why. Maybe there is a time limit or something like that. I just letting you know it worked for me. Good luck on your search. Oh yeah Amazon sells it for cheap so look there too..