Dot Matrx printer recommendation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Halcyon, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Need to buy one, does not need to be wide format. Any recommendations?
    Will be running on an iMac C2D 10.5.2.

I need to print invoices that have 4 copies each and they have to be printed in one pass (if not they're not accepted by the Tax Man...rules and regulations). So inkjets, laser and thermals are out of the question.

TIA

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Do you need a receipt printer (narrow paper) or a full letter sized printer?
    Citizen, Epson, Star Micronics, Okidata -- some of them are seriously expensive.

Careful about the interface and compatibility. Parallel printers will be near impossible to interface, Serial printers may be doable with a USB-serial convertor, a USB or a network printer would be easiest. You'll need to research Mac drivers.

3. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

We have an Okidata and Panasonic at our office that both work great but I don't know if either has supporting Mac Drivers. I would check all the different printer companies websites for drivers before spending any money.

4. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

I need to print on full letter size invoices.

Well, it seems that Epson's LX-300 is compatible...at least when you run a search on Epson's site for "dot matrix Mac compatible printers" it does come up. Other printers out there too, but rather expensive.

My iMac will only take a USB conncetion, so Parallel or Serial is out of the questions...I rather stay away from connection adapters, if possible.

Thanks everybody.

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

You can get a network attached print server which would allow you to use any printer with a compatible driver.