Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fancyrobe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
At the moment i'm selling my desktop pc because i like my macbook air so much that i don't feel the need for my pc anymore. However there are some games i'd still like to play if possible, and those are Starcraft II and Dota 2.
Now i've tried starcraft II and it works just fine, But i'm curious to see how you fellow mac users have experienced Dota 2! What model are you currently running it on and on what settings?

luke lau

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2015
Belfast
At the moment i'm selling my desktop pc because i like my macbook air so much that i don't feel the need for my pc anymore. However there are some games i'd still like to play if possible, and those are Starcraft II and Dota 2.
Now i've tried starcraft II and it works just fine, But i'm curious to see how you fellow mac users have experienced Dota 2! What model are you currently running it on and on what settings?

Late 2013 iMac NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB, can run it at max specs 60fps on native OS X. It's generally not too demanding, just be sure to turn off v-sync. It causes really bad input lag

fancyrobe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Late 2013 iMac NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB, can run it at max specs 60fps on native OS X. It's generally not too demanding, just be sure to turn off v-sync. It causes really bad input lag

Cool :)! i'm running it on a Macbook air late 2014, 4 gb ram. It's playable on low settings but i would prefer just a little bit better flow!

luke lau

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2015
Belfast
Cool :)! i'm running it on a Macbook air late 2014, 4 gb ram. It's playable on low settings but i would prefer just a little bit better flow!

Have you tried installing windows with boot camp and running dota on that? Games tend to run faster on a windows partition because of direct x

fancyrobe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Yes! I'm going to try that seems like many are happy with their Macs performance in bootcamp. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.