OS X Dota 2 Macbook air?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by fancyrobe, May 18, 2015.

1. fancyrobe macrumors newbie

At the moment i'm selling my desktop pc because i like my macbook air so much that i don't feel the need for my pc anymore. However there are some games i'd still like to play if possible, and those are Starcraft II and Dota 2.
    Now i've tried starcraft II and it works just fine, But i'm curious to see how you fellow mac users have experienced Dota 2! What model are you currently running it on and on what settings?

2. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Late 2013 iMac NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB, can run it at max specs 60fps on native OS X. It's generally not too demanding, just be sure to turn off v-sync. It causes really bad input lag

3. fancyrobe thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool :)! i'm running it on a Macbook air late 2014, 4 gb ram. It's playable on low settings but i would prefer just a little bit better flow!

4. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

5. fancyrobe thread starter macrumors newbie

6. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Have you tried installing windows with boot camp and running dota on that? Games tend to run faster on a windows partition because of direct x

7. fancyrobe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! I'm going to try that seems like many are happy with their Macs performance in bootcamp. :)