Dota 2 running impossibly slow in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rohanprabhu, Oct 5, 2012.

1. rohanprabhu macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2012
    I have Windows 8 installed on my Mac Book Pro (Late 2012) using Boot Camp, and I just cannot play the game at high settings. This is surprising, because when I had installed Windows 8 a few back, Dota 2 did run with all games at high settings. After I reinstalled Windows 8, it is like way too slow. The FPS is horrible and the game is framing. Also, the system requirements for Dota 2 are as follow: (RECOMMENDED)

Opearting System: Windows 7 (Got it)
    Processor: Intel Core2Duo @ 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (I've got a quad-core i7 2.3 GHz)
    RAM: 2 GB (I got 8 GB)
    Video Card: 512MB, nVidia GeForce GT 240 or ATI Radeon 5670 (I got a 1 GB card, and a better chipset)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible (Who cares)
    DirectX 11 (Installed)

Despite all of this, I have to switch almost all effects off. Can anyone help me out with this issue?

PS: I have installed all the boot camp drivers and the updates for the same.
  2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Aug 11, 2010
    Try going directly to the manufacturer and getting their drivers, bootcamp drivers are outdated. nvidia and AMD both have Windows 8 Drivers out already.