dotmac 768kbit bandwidth cap for Europeans ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tellme, Sep 11, 2007.

1. tellme macrumors newbie

It has been suggested that all European members of dotmac are being provided a crippled service by Apple.

Many European customers of dotmac can only obtain download speed in the region of 80kBytes/s when there US counterparts get download speeds near to what their line will allow.

The pressure is mounting on Apple from their disgruntled European customers and we are looking for your support. Reference to our situation has been picked up by MacNN and Tidbits.

If you have any positive input that you can provide then please read this thread at Apples discussion forum and if you are experiencing this phenomenon then please notify the thread and fill in the official complaint to Apple.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1081404&tstart=0

All the best

Terry

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I have no idea if it is true… but it wouldn't surprise me. :eek:

I have always just assumed .Mac is excruciatingly slow. However, if it turns out Apple did deliberately cripple their ex-US service it'd be the end of the road for .Mac for me… (And I have stuck with it since inception… 2001?) :(

3. tellme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

It may not be deliberate policy but nonetheless it is happening.

Apple have suggested they are looking into it but we may be being spun a yarn and they are hoping at some point we will become tired and go away.

This is why we need to muster all the support we can to get it resolved.

If we let up on the pressure they will do nothing.

Please everyone who reads this do all you can to support our cause. If you are suffering then please make an official complaint and visit the link in the .Mac discussion area.

The numbers:
    a) Download from a .Mac web site approx. 80kBytes/s
    b) Download from .Mac Gallery approx. 80kBytes/s
    c) Download directly from iDisk - full speed
    d) Download from Apple/Support/Downloads - full speed

When I say full speed I mean typically what your line will supprt.

All the best

Terry