Dots on screen

Discussion in 'iMac' started by zippyzoom, Nov 12, 2009.

1. zippyzoom macrumors member

I just purchased a refurb 24'' 3.06ghz iMac. As soon as I started it up I noticed tiny little dots on the screen in red color. I noticed that different colored dots will appear on the screen depending on what colors are on the screen. A grey background renders green dots, blue - yellow dots, purple or red - red dots. Its frustrating, especially when watching youtube videos, the dots will be clumped up and really affect the viewing.

I installed Vista to see if the problem was due to software, but sure enough same thing happens in windows.

If I bring it in, will Apple most likely replace it? I've had the computer for 3 days so far. Does anyone know what its caused by. I have another 24'' which doesn't have this problem so i am quite perplexed to say the least!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Yeah, it sounds like you have a pixel problem on your screen. I would go here and set up an appointment at the genius bar to see if they will replace it. Good luck!

3. zippyzoom thread starter macrumors member

Gee thanks for the quick reply. This forum is the best! I didn't realize I had to sign up for an appointment. Thanks for directing me sir!