Double CD's on Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Primejimbo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have a bunch of double CD's on Itunes and I was wondering if I should make them as one. Most of them are live stuff like Iron Maiden Rockin In Rio and stuff. Does anyone else on here make them as 1 "album" on Itunes or keep double albums as 2?

2. blantonreed macrumors member

A double-CD is actually 1 album. For all of my albums that are double-CDs, I just put the first disc as disk 1 of two, and the second disc as disc 2 of 2. It will keep both discs in the same album, but keep the track listing independent to each disc.

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Mine show up as 2. So if I play "Iron Maiden Rockin in Rio disk one" after that is done I will have to go back in and start disk 2. In the info is shows disk "1 of 2" and 2 of 2"
    These are CD's in imported if that helps.

4. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Just make sure the album name for the two discs is the same. Then it will appear as one album with tracks correctly arranged if the disc number is set properly.

5. MacKentucky macrumors newbie

In my experience, iTunes imports multi-disc albums as separate titles (such as Rock in Rio Disc 1, Rock in Rio Disc 2). If you want to combine them, select all tracks on all discs, control-click, select get info, go to the Info tab and and give them the same name in the album entry (such as "Rock in Rio"). Before doing this, make sure that each disc is correctly labeled (1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc.), so the tracks don't get mixed up. They should now appear as one album. If they don't, make sure that the "part of a compilation" box is either checked or unchecked for all discs.

While I was distracted by the Super Bowl in mid-reply, you answered it more clearly and succinctly Loge!

6. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

So I tried this with Iron Maiden "death on the road" and I guess the 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 wasn't set up, so i fixed it and it's all good now. THANKS ALL!!!
    EDIT: I just finished all the double albums and WOW what a difference.