Double Click for Pay

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by darrinS, Apr 24, 2015.

1. darrinS macrumors regular

For the life of me I can't get this to work. I guess I am not able to double tap it fast enough. Is it easy for you to initiate? I feel like I am clicking it fast and all I end up doing is opening Favorites and the watch switches back to the clock and then back to Favorites.

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Mine seems to be working and I'm not clicking very fast. It is easy to open it for me.

3. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

Worked well when I used it at Whole Foods this afternoon. I didn't click particularly quickly.

4. wepiii macrumors 6502

5. darrinS thread starter macrumors regular

I added a card and it shows in Passbook and in the iPhone Apple Watch app. I am not at a store, just trying to test, but if I double click the side button, my card should appear. Tomorrow I'll ask someone else to double click it and see if it's me or a problem with the button.

BTW I am very happy with the watch. I have the original Pebble and the Steel, so I have prior experiences with smart watches.

6. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

7. darrinS thread starter macrumors regular

Resolved: I'm not able to double click fast enough. That sucks. Well, my son will have to accompany me to the store. Hopefully they add an accessibility option allowing for a slower double click. ALSsucks

8. lexic macrumors newbie

I don't have ALS but another disability. I can't double click fast enough either. It's pretty upsetting. I tried opening the card in the Passbook app hoping that would work but it still tells me to double click. :( Thing is.. I am hitting the button what I would consider as reasonably quickly. Very frustrating.

9. wepiii macrumors 6502

Fortunately I think this is something apple can fix pretty quickly with a software update. They tend to work pretty hard on the accessibility options

10. lexic macrumors newbie

I plan on writing an email when I have some extra time. Anybody know a email for the accessibility team or otherwise where I should direct it?

11. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Try going to the top - Tim Cook claims to read all his emails, though he gets hundreds per day. And he occasionally responds, and sometimes will even call someone.

tcook@apple.com

12. darrinS thread starter macrumors regular

accessibility@apple.com

I did send an email already. Please send one too.

I'm sure they can add an accessibility option to allow for a slower double click. They do have one for the home button on iPhone/iPad.

13. lexic macrumors newbie

I just sent one to Tim Cook's address.

I've never needed to change the click rate on my iPhone/iPad, but it just occurred to me that I operate those with my "good" hand. I am weaker on my right ride and wear the watch on my left but use my iPhone/iPad with my left hand. I'm not having any problems with any other watch features, are you?

14. wepiii macrumors 6502

Just an idea until an update is out regarding this issue... Have you tried setting the watch up for the other arm and wearing it that way?

15. lexic macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but for me, the other arm isn't a good option. I've always worn my watch on my left arm and Apple Pay is the only feature I can't use. I'll just wait it out. Was a bummer to not be able to use it for grabbing toothpaste and floss today. Could have been out of the store so much more quickly.

16. darrinS thread starter macrumors regular

No, the only feature I am unable to use is  Pay. I am very happy with the watch. I also have a Kickstarter Pebble and a Pebble Steel. I can't see myself ever using either of them again.

I have the Milanese loop and I am very pleased how it stays in place on my wrist. I wanted the link bracelet but I didn't know if it would stay snug. My Pebble Steel always would drop down from my wrist and I would end up activating the side buttons when I bent my hand up. And I was frequently having to slide it up my arm a little.

17. lexic macrumors newbie

Quick followup. I received a reply to my email yesterday and am currently waiting for a call back from someone in Apple Executive Relations. I'll update after the call.

18. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Double click worked perfect for me. Just used Apple pay on my Apple watch at McDonalds and the workers were pretty impressed. :D

Loving my watch

19. troy14 macrumors 6502a

A little stupid but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me, until I realized you have to double click the actual button (not crown) and not the screen

20. lexic macrumors newbie

I talked to someone at Apple today. It was just a followup to ask if I had other accessibility issues. No answers at this point on future updates.

Interestingly, the person I spoke to did not have their personal Apple Watch yet.