Double emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fsumac23, Jun 23, 2009.

1. fsumac23 macrumors newbie

For some reason my emails come in twice on the phone and when i check it via online its only one. Is anyone else having this problem. If I read the message online, only one of the messages on the phone will show up as being read. Is there a fix to this?

2. roxychicx23 macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem with two accounts, aol and gmail. The gmail one will correct itself sometimes...the double emails show up and when I try to sync again then it will take the double emails away. AOL will always show double emails and won't correct itself. I called Apple tech support and they were no help at all!

3. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Aol

I upgraded my 3G 16GB iPhone to 3.0 and now I'm getting duplicates on my AOL emails. I googled and found an apple support forum post with the same problem, three posts and no solution. Anyone have a solution for this??

Thanks!

4. mffn macrumors newbie

I'm getting double emails using my 32GB 3GS iPhone. Doesn't always happen but annoying when it does. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated.

5. germanjulian macrumors regular

hi,

same with my gmail. doesnt always happen but sometimes. odd odd but I suppose if some data gets lost with the "confirmation message" that the phone got the message from gmail gmail will send the mail again without asking.

6. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I am getting double emails on my aol account, and it is driving me crazy, I keep thinking that it will get fixed with the next update, but it doesn't. I have an iPhone 4 and it does it just like my iPhone 2g on 3.1.2 did.

Has there been any fix to this issue yet? It's really annoying!