double face firefox ;)

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by clevin, Apr 25, 2007.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

[​IMG]
    basically, its windows firefox running in wine plus native ubuntu firefox. pretty funny.

2. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I don't understand what's so funny about this.

3. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

You know you're a geek when.....

:p

Very artistic though.

4. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

The one on the left is mac FF.

5. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I'm not entirely sure what's "funny" about this, but neither of them are actual Mac versions of FF. :)

...at least I don't think.

6. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's how his Ubuntu (with gnome and beryl, I believe) is skinned / themed to look. The picture doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but I think if I remember when I looked at this previously, the one with blue-green buttons was the Ubuntu one and the other one was the Wine one.

8. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

yes, i was just upset since netscape 9's theme is available for both mac and windows version of firefox, but not for linux version. so i installed windows firefox through wine.

its really amazing that the wine project are so nice, much much better than a year ago (u can see i have HoMM 3 and 4 installed-through wine).

like I said in first post, its linux and window fx running at the same time. thats what i felt funny, ;)

wine emulated apps have system provided titlebar, so they both have red-yellow-green button. u can't tell the difference from there.

especially for firefox, once you choose correct theme(s), it will be very hard to tell which one is windows version, until u pay attention to the form widget inside a webpage (if there is any).

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahh, no, I figured the one you hadn't bothered to theme was the WINE one. :D I didn't realize the netscape look you craved wasn't available on Ubuntu? That stinks...although I guess GRapple is not available on Windows. :(

How is running Netscape in Wine? Is there any major disadvantage to doing so?

10. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

i did install netscape 4.8 under wine, and it IS very outdated.

I wasn't able to install netscape 8.1 in wine, there was a strange bug, when the installation starts, a big blue background would cover the installation panel (it is supposed to be under the panel, but its on top in this case. lol), so i can't finish the installation.