Double Hey Siri on 9.7 Pro and iPhone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcdj, Mar 30, 2016.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

So if you get a 9.7" Pro and you already have a 6S/+, you will have two hands free Hey Siri capable machines.

Is is it it going going to to sound sound like like an an echo echo chamber chamber in in your your living living room room??

2. Cwolk macrumors regular

Cwolk

Haha. It's like my iPhone 6s and Apple Watch. Normally only one siri turns on. I've never experienced both on at the same time.

3. AliMacs macrumors 6502

Siri activation sometimes is very finicky. The other night I was in a heated argument with the wife. Started to yell at her and she back. My last sentence was something like Go F-Yourself - Siri activated and transcribed something like, "you told me no, go f-yourself".

I'm like, WTF. At least it helped dissipate the heat.

4. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

Your watch is connected to your phone, is it not? So when your watch is doing "hey siri" it's actually using your phone for it?

5. auero macrumors 65816

This is why I can't grasp why people were bitter about the 12.9 model not having "Hey Siri". I originally turn off "Hey Siri" on my Pro because I thought it had the feature and I didn't want my iPhone and iPad going off at the same time (they're usually near each other). I can see the desire to have it as an option, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker and some were making it out to be.

6. cardfan macrumors 65816

When I'm in car, and do the hey siri bit, my watch goes off, iphone, wife's iphone, daughter's iphone...it's kind of a pain. A simple solution is to allow us to customize this. No doubt the ipad will too..

7. Cwolk macrumors regular

Cwolk

Sort of- Siri uses your phone for data but it acts separately from the phone when using it. So if you trigger Siri on your watch, it doesn't turn on on your phone.

8. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

My iPhone and iPad both have hey siri turned on. I rarely have both charing at the same time so its not that big of a deal for me, but I see where issues could arise.

9. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

both my ipad and iphone wakes up when saying "hey siri" if they are in the same room... which also means that if you are doing something you are interrupted by siri. lucky that i dont have siri in my mbpr too. a nice ecosystem which doesnt communicate with itself that much that only one device will activate rather than them all..

needless to quess but i have turned it off from my ipad.

10. profets macrumors 68040

Is this the intended design of it? Would make sense, but the odd time when speaking into my watch with Hey Siri I've seen the watch and phone perform the same reaction.

11. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Are you telling us you sound like your wife and your daughter?

12. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

My phone constantly gets activated with the question "Are you serious?"

13. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

siri can be activated by a woman or a man or anyone else - or a dog if they could say "hey siri". it does not recognize only your voice and cant be trained to recognize only your voice. and that sucks..

14. AVonGauss macrumors regular

Not everyone that owns an iPad owns an iPhone.

15. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

On iOS 9, it does.

16. kallyq macrumors regular

Too funny. I am sitting here watching American Idol (I'm a little behind, watching on DVR) and the Cookie Monster commercial came on and said "Hey Siri, set a timer for 14 minutes). Both my phone and my pro set that timer haha.