Double "Home" Click for Touch (for music controls) but not for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegeta-san, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

From PC Mag preview: "Possibly the best new feature is a subtle one: the double click. Pressing the only tactile button on the player twice makes music controls appear over whatever screen mode you happen to be in—Safari, YouTube, etc. Even if the player is locked, double-clicking will bring up a set of music controls that features track information, play/pause, forward and backward within a playlist or album, a Music button to take you directly to the Now Playing screen, and a Close button to escape. This function works even if the screen has timed out and gone black and it's a great quick way to skip that song you hate (or pump up the volume on the one you love)."

Um....iPhone.....Now please, Apple?

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Umm... but wouldn't it make more sense for the double-click to bring up a list of phone contacts, on the iPhone?

Or better, let the user decide what it does.

Poor Home buttons. They're getting a workout everywhere. Look at the new Moto Q9h; its Home button cycles between two types of Home pages.

Ah. Something like that might work. Each home button click cycles between Main Menu and iPod and Phone controls?

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

maybe this glorious update will include this feature when we get the honor of buying music from itunes off our phones!

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Another feature I noticed was on the touch was the double space when typing automatically inserts a period. I would love this feature on my iPhone.

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Agreed. It isn't an iPod so the double-click to iPod doesn't make total sense on the iPhone. I do like the idea of double clicking to bring up contacts.

6. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you kidding me? Where'd you read this? That would be awesome...I can't beleive no other iPhone user has come up with that idea and made a youtube vid or something....It seems really intuitive!

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

From this Playlist Magazine article.

[​IMG]

8. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Maybe that feature will be enabled in the next update...at least we can hope. :)

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

That would be so cool. I wish the iPhone did that. It would also be nice to see language alternatives!! Id imagine that will be apart of the music store iPhone update!!

10. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

11. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Hope we also get all the above.
    Its only right IMO.