Double items in Apple menu

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Morod, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi everybody,
    The following only affects my day-to-day account, not my Admin account. In my Apple menu, I have double entries for Restart, Shut Down and Log Out. One entry is normal, like "Shut Down". The other entry is followed by an ellipsis, like "Shut Down...".
    At the same time that started, I now have an annoying 3 point sized black box around a random element of any open application.
    I have restarted my 24" 2.4GHz Al iMac running Leopard 10.5.3. I have also verified and repaired disk permissions, as well as relaunching the Finder.
    Any ideas on a fix are greatly appreciated.
    Morod
    ON EDIT: The only things I have downloaded recently are a widget named "Maintidget" and "Safari AdBlock 0.3.2".
    SECOND EDIT: I uninstalled Safari AdBlock. Problem is still there.

2. winsorams macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. :confused: I think my 1 year old got to my keyboard and started slapping at it and pushed a series of buttons unknown to man. I need help, too!

3. winsorams macrumors newbie

I fixed it!!!! :D:D:D:D

The voice command is on.

Hit command f5 to turn it off.

4. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

The fix works!

And that fix worked for me as well! Thank you, winsorams, although how you figured it out is beyond me. I just got off work, tried it, and presto! So thanks again or I would still be scratching my head and cussin'. :)
    Morod