Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FinnHugo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I bought an iPad Air 2 and a bluetooth keyboard from Apple.

My problem: I'm experiencing double letters, when I definitely only push a button on my bluetooth keyboard once. It seems to happen when I haven't used my keyboard for a minute or two and only with the first letter I'm typing.

When searching the internet I find that a lot of people are experiencing this problem with different keyboards. Since I have one from apple I'm confinced that there should be a solution? Can anyone help?

Kind regards from the Netherlands

PS: Allready tried a reset of my iPad

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
One of our members posted a possible fix for this a while back. Her fix didn't work for me. I've used three different keyboards (on two different iPads), including the Apple one...it can happen with any of them. It seems to be an iOS 8 related issue, as it never happened on older firmware with the same keyboards.

This thread has a few things you can try. For me, it rarely happens unless I'm in a file that has both text and images. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1823520/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.