Double mail issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrdnkasparek, Aug 29, 2009.

1. jrdnkasparek macrumors newbie

I am having an issue in my mail app where I keep receiving doubles of the same messege, then when there In the Trash folder there is only one. Is there any way to fix this or does this have something to do with my yahoo email account

2. Touchy macrumors regular

I hope you have luck getting an answer. I have posted several requests for help with multiple entries in calendar and contacts and have not received helpful replies as yet. It seems there are few on here with technical knowledge but a lot of prophets for future events!! Good luck and I will follow your thread.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I don't have any suggestions for fixing it, but one of my AOL accounts does the same thing. Not both. Not GMail. Not my work email. Just one AOL account. I personally think there's a bug in the email app, and it's a hard one to find. It may be a timing issue and relate to your WiFi connection not passing a synced value back to the source. I think we're going to have to wait for a firmware update and hope Apple has addressed email in it.

4. jrdnkasparek thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I've payed attention for specific emails that it happens on and it seems to mostly just be myspace and facebook notifications. Also with some junk mail that comes in

5. jrdnkasparek thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so I checked my email today and it was all email I recieved days ago and had deleted from my inbox and trash folder and every other folder possible
    on that day

6. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

7. Touchy macrumors regular

On this issue of multiple entries into mail, calendars, contacts, several have asked "is it a mobile me account". Why is this important and how does it affect the multiple entries, if it does? As far as I know I don't have a mobile me account, but have the multiple entry problem with my iPod touch calendar. Please explain.

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I don't use Yahoo or AOL email with my touch, so i can't help.

I have had times when i have gotten multiple FB notifications.

The only thing i can think of is that the mail isn't set up to delete everywhere you have it going too? I am drawing a total blank on that term.

BUT, i had a mobileme account go over quota - and it was bouncing mail back to the sender, but still forwarding it to my phone via SMS. That drove me crazy with trying to find that missing mail.

But my experience with mail is this.... when i was an NT SYstem Admin and in charge of running our Exchange Server, i had my own Senior Level Tech/Engineer at Microsoft assigned to me because i was the only person in the WORLD with the problem. Yup, i was obviously SPECIAL to have been chosen to have such a problem.

It never got fixed either....

So what i'm trying to say is, mail is a PITA to troubleshoot and fix.

Hopefully someone will have something to help. Have you checked the forums at Apple? i have gotten some decent answers recently to my really techy questions there.

Wish i could help more.....

9. jrdnkasparek thread starter macrumors newbie

10. jrdnkasparek thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed in 3.1.1

Thanks for everyones help

11. Touchy macrumors regular

I had multiple calendar items issues and they were likewise fixed with 3.1.1!!! However, I still find it weird that there were so few complaints of this issue on the forums. Further, the "hard fact advice" was really scarce. I have come to the conclusion that the forum users are speculators about the future rather than technically oriented and in that I am disappointed.

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Glad to hear it!!

I'm trying ;)

While i love to speculate with the best of them, i do my darndest to actually be helpful if i can, or give a thread a bump if i can't. I've been that person looking for answers/help and not able to word my search to find the prior help that might be around.

SOOO, that is my story and i'm sticking to attempting to be helpful when i can be :D

13. Touchy macrumors regular