Double Press Digital Crown

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tim7, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

Did anybody else double press the digital crown on the display model?

I tried it a few times and it seemed to switch straight from the current app to the last used app. Almost like a mini version of multi tasking. Very handy little feature.

2. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Sadly ... it seems that most of the threads these days get more traffic for being about: wrist size .... what band did you chose .... and the infamous "God I cant wait to get my Apple Watch"

3. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

I didn't notice that! Nice.

I did get told today that if you're making a call through the watch, if you cover your hand over it mid conversation, it will mute it.

Love hearing these things I didn't know.

4. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

Hmmmm.... & do those threads get filled with off topic whining posts like yours, or were trying to make this thread special??

*genuinely confused*

Is poster happy or unhappy? In desperate need to complain about these threads de doesn't like, but would rather hijack a completely different thread to air said complaints??

5. aduteau macrumors 6502a

I said that because the Thread starter had posted this thread a couple of days back ... no one even commented he's find !!! (Wich BTW is a really nice find he did) ... hes thread quickly reach the bottom of the forums because of other threads all talking about the same thing.

6. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Would hate to find that this isn't true the hard way haha!

7. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's also hand how double pressing digital touch brings up Apple Pay (not even the associate at my try-on appointment knew that)

8. Tycho24 Suspended

Tycho24

Haha.... Thank you!!!!

I actually agreed with you, but lacking this context... it came off as a disconnected rant, lol

I appreciate hearing the back story. :)

9. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Hey no problem :)

10. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yep, it is a great feature. It should help alleviate some of the complexity of quick navigation.

11. profets macrumors 68040

I was purposely trying this at a try on appointment. I felt like either it wasn't doing anything, or it was just doing the same behaviour as pressing the crown once (going to the home screen). Maybe I missed what was happening. Quite nice if it jumps to the previously used app.