Double Samsung but the 'H' key is not 100% responsive.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kendo, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

Finally got a chance to open my brand new MacBook Air from Amazon. It is the 13" base model and has both a Samsung display and SSD. The only problem is that when I was checking out full screen Safari, I noticed that the 'H' key isn't as responsive as the other keys. It isn't like I have to hit the key with the force of Zeus but I have to hit it square on the head. I type fairly lightly (pressure-wise) so it is annoying.

I tested the other keys and if I hit them lightly around the corner and sides of each key, they still register. But with the 'H' key, it won't register unless I hit it directly from the center. This gets in the way because I type very fast and make very minimal presses.

If you were me, would you live with it considering the screen is perfect and both the display and SSD are both Samsung? By the way, the display isn't that important to me. I am more bothered with the idea of a Toshiba SSD.

2. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

exchange it. having a toshiba ssd will be FAR less annoying (and infinitely less noticeable) than a key that doesn't work right.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

If you don't want the hassle of returning it, perhaps see if the Genius Bar or authorized servicer can open it up and pop the spring back into place.

4. Aras87 macrumors member

If it is bugging you definitely return it. Also I can't believe how people are bashing toshiba drives based on some geeky reviews. In day to day use, toshiba is actually faster. Go to a local apple sore and find a sammy and toshiba side by side. Shutdown and reboot them at the same time. You will see that toshiba is actually faster in those regards. Sammy is fast when it comes to copying large files from one place to another but how often do you do that ?