Double Screen Delight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by John Doe 57, Feb 13, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Is is possible to use a 17" MacBook Pro monitor and a 23" HD Monitor at the same time? Or do I have to buy 2 Apple monitors of the same size, for this feature?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

You mean use the macbook pro with a 2nd screen for an extended desktop, or input a signal to the MBP?

3. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I'm using a 17" MBP and a 20" ACD at the same time.

Works great.

Cheers.

4. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

yes. You should be able to run both the laptop screen and an external monitor screen at the same time through dual display.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The MBP only supports one external monitor, but you can use the built in and an external at the same time, either in Extend Desktop mode or Desktop Mirror mode.

TEG

6. gotzero macrumors 68040

You can use both at the same time. You can run an extended desktop no problem.

Just be careful if you have 10.5.2, as there are some kinks that have not been worked out at this time.

7. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

A MBP will only drive one external monitor as it only has a single (dual-link) DVI port. You can use both internal and external screens simultaneously as an extended desktop, or just use the external display alone. I use mine in extended desktop mode on a regular basis.

if you've got the money for two 23", though, buy yourself a single 30" - great screen =]

8. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Thank you everyone! And yes I meant to use it as an extended desktop.
    Also, I thought a 30" monitor would just be too damn big. I don't have much room for it as it is now, and a 30" monitor in a film school dorm might loom to large. I don't know, just a thought.

9. bartelby macrumors Core

Sounds like it'd be prefect to me...