Double SMS sent sound with over 90 charaacters

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iToNe24, Jun 2, 2012.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

Hello Friends

I have an iPhone 4s JB with 5.1.1 and when i send a sms message (not iMessage) to someone which is 91+ characters long i am hearing two sent sounds on the device. Usually u would hear two sounds if u typed more then 160 characters and u were indeed sending two messages. If i send a sms message which is 90 characters i only hear the one sound.

I went to SBsettings, mobile substrate and turned off every tweak that was present and i was still able to duplicate the issue.

I was hoping someone could try to send a test sms with over 90 characters and see if they hear the same thing, double sent sound. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for some time and figured i could gain some assistance here..

thanks in advance guys

2. parkm13 macrumors regular

Mine does/did the same thing! it ends up sending the same text twice. A restore will fix it.

3. iToNe24 thread starter macrumors regular

iToNe24

Are u jail broken now? it's every text I send over 90+ characters, it makes the double sound. Terminating recipient is also only getting one message. My friend restored his phone and tested and it worked fine, he jailbroke phone and it started again. Was trying to see if this is an issue with the new JB on 5.1.1

Only happens with SMS messages, not iMessage.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. parkm13 macrumors regular

It did it to me not jailbroken, then i restored/jailbroke and it is working fine