Double space when typing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adversecamber, Jul 28, 2008.

1. adversecamber macrumors regular

Has anyone noticed that by pressing space twice makes the iPhone put in a full stop and start a new sentence.

Very nice.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Yes, it's one of my favorite features of the keyboard. :)

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Mine too. I love it.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

While we're covering this kind of stuff...

Did you know caps lock (double-click the shift key) is possible, but it must be turned on in the system prefrences?

I was very surprised when I found that option. Why is there even a choice to turn it off? Seems very useful to me and I can't imagine why it would get in anyone's way.

And it comes 'off' as the default, no less! Even if they want the option, why not ship it in the 'on' position?

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I was wondering that, too. When I got the iPhone I double tapped shift and was surprised that it didn't do caps lock (until I found the settings option)

The only reason I could think of for having it as an option is for people who accidentally double tap and then have to re-type, but again it's strange that it has caps lock off as default.

6. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

+1

I also like the fact that you can drag from shift to a punctuation, lift, and it goes back to the regular keyboard. There are a lot of well thought out functions in the keyboard. The caps lock isn't one of them.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, I'd think the burden should be on those people to turn it off when they find they can't live with it. I have to imagine they're the much smaller group.

8. jgoldmiller macrumors newbie

Trouble with iPhone 5 double tap

The double tap to "full stop" or period used to be one of my favorite features on my first 2 iPhone's (3 & 4) but now that I have the iPhone 5 I actually had to shut my favorite feature OFF completely because after typing every other word the spacebar would assume I was hitting it twice and my sentences would. Look like. This. Then if I went back to edit my backspace button now gets locked down and erased the whole sentence.

After shutting the feature off my sentences now look like this (with the extra spaces in between each word). Guess I'll live with the goofy spacing til someone can fix the bug. And yes, I KNOW I'm only hitting the space bar once.