Double-tap/Multi-tasking question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Singin Hobo, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Singin Hobo macrumors regular

Is there any way besides double-tapping to access your multi-task list? I loooooooove having my favorites phone numbers come up with the double-tap... it's sort of the feature that still says, "Being a phone is the most important thing"

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    I got so used to double tap bringing up my faves.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

Tap + Tap/Hold gets you your previous double tap settings. i.e., that's where the 2nd tap is held down instead of released.

4. Singin Hobo thread starter macrumors regular

That's really good to hear (as cool as multi-tasking is, my heart broke a little when I watched that)... any way to swap those functions in the settings at this point?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good info, thank you.

6. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Oh man, I am so glad I found this thread. I'd been wondering what was going to happen with my double tap shortcut since they took that for multi-tasking. I'm okay with this. YAY!

7. outphase macrumors 65816

No, there's also no way to change what your double tap function is. Mine was last set to Camera, and I can't find a way to tinker with it. The Home Button option in Settings.app only lists what you can search in Spotlight. It also doesn't look clean, so I'm guessing it's more of a "dirty hack" for the time being.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

thanks..

9. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

you could just put the former double click use in the multitasking bar and it would be the closest thing to the way it previously was

10. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I wonder why not just tap + tap/hold for the multi-tasking bar. That way, previous users do not have to change what they are used to. Then again, Apple still has a couple more months.

Maybe they'll also re-enter the customization of the old home button shortcut in Settings.