double UGH....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rmeadejr, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

i have an ip4s, jailbroken iOS 5.0.1. 3 times today my phone went to the apple logo and was stuck there for a couple of minutes. all i have on my phone is a theme, infiniboard, ifile, iconoclasm and winterboard installed. i took them all off and it still did it.

can i reinstall cydia to see if that corrects the problem?

i would hate to have to restore my phone and lose my jailbreak

thank you for the help...

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Reinstalling Cydia is unlikely to fix the problem. Reinstalling Mobile Substrate might. Or uninstall all your tweaks, then reinstall one at a time until the problem reappears.

One problem is that if you mess up and need to restore, your jailbreak is gone for good. The Dev Team recommends installing OpenSSH, then if your phone is moderately messed up (like the underlying Unix boots, but the user interface crashes) you can SSH into the phone and most likely fix it. There is even an IRC channel where people can get help doing that (see http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)

IMPORTANT: If you install OpenSSH you must immediately use it to log in from a computer and change your SSH password, both for the user "root" and "mobile". The default password is "alpine", and anybody can access your phone remotely if you do not change it. If you choose a safe password OpenSSH should be perfectly safe.

3. rmeadejr thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

thank you, i did uninstall all my tweaks and it did the same thing. i am going to try your other suggestion.....again thank you.