DoubleTwist: The iTunes for Android

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rm2092, Mar 28, 2010.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

What is doubleTwist?

doubleTwist is, more or less, an iTunes clone designed to work with multiple portable devices, including Android phones. You'll notice the first time you use it that there are many iTunes similarities: general layout, spreadsheet-style interface and usage behaviors. With doubleTwist you can import iTunes or Windows Media content, add files or folders to your library, create and sync playlists with your smartphone, purchase new unlocked music from AmazonMP3, and more.

To get started using doubleTwist, download and install the latest version on your computer. You can download doubleTwist here:

http://www.doubletwist.com

Once installed, create a free doubleTwist account and sign in.

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Why is this in the iPhone section? I'm just curious. I have a Nexus One, but there's no reason why it should be here.

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

For those that may leave the iPhone for the new HTC Android phones coming out, don't get me wrong I'm hoping Apple does a god job with the next phone but if not I may also make the switch and others so I was researching how to sink a Android phone with my iTunes stuff.

4. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

This thread is kind of funny because I was just about to buy the nexus one today(due to abysmal iphone 3g battery life). I downloaded doubletwist and thought is was a pretty good alternative to itunes. Instead of ordering the n1, I restored my iphone and the battery seems like it has improved. Some jailbroken app was sucking the life out of it, probably.

5. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

I really hope Apple comes threw on the next phone and blows the rest away ?

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I prefer Songbird, actually. DoubleTwist always crashed on me.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

op, this app has a multitude of threads already if one searched.

with that said, I do like it alot