Doubt about buying a new rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JFabbiani, Oct 27, 2013.

1. JFabbiani macrumors member

I will try to explain the best I can.

First, I'm from Venezuela, where we have a "currency change control" (I don't know how else to call it), so, per year, I can only spend 2.500$ but only with my credit card and 500$ cash...

I'm planning to buy the rMBP 15" high-end, problem is, my credit card limit it's around 1300$... So my doubt is, it's possible to pay one day 1.300$ with my credit card and the next day pay another 1.200$ with credit card and the rest in cash (99$ + FL tax)? And also, I will stay in my relatives house, and I have a cousin that it's in college, I will be able to use her for the student discount and paying like this? And for last, it will be easy to buying it at apple store or in another store (which one?)?

Thank to everyone who can help me =)

2. flux73 macrumors 65816

On the online store, you can split the payments into two credit cards. I'm sure you can also do that in the store. I'm also pretty sure you can pay it partly in cash and the rest by credit card.

Your cousin will need to come with you to the store and have a student ID but yes, you can use her for student discount and still pay for it yourself. You can say it's a gift for her, but I would surprised if they ask. They're pretty liberal with the student discount. It's not very much anyhow.

3. JFabbiani thread starter macrumors member

Ok, that help a lot, but I'm allow to use just one of my credit card for $ consumption outside Venezuela, so, it's not possible to me to make all the payment in just one day, I can pay 1.300$ one day, then pay the credit card, and then the next day use the other 1.200$ In the credit card... So, it's possible they (in the store) allow me to pay like for a 1.300$ gift card? Or to make like a "pre paid" on the rMBP?

4. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Although I sympathise with your issue, it doesn't make sense to ask this on a forum - I doubt anyone else has had to split the payment over days. I would recommend phoning one of the stores to ask the retail staff directly.

5. JFabbiani thread starter macrumors member

Do you know any number where can I call free from Skype?

6. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

I'm in a different continent. Try this maybe?:
    http://www.apple.com/contact/

7. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Actually... that might work buying gift cards the first day then use gift cards, credit card and cash the next day. According to the Apple Store website... you can get a gift card up to $2000. I would say that would work.

Here is the link to the Apple Store gift cards: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/giftcards