Dowloading or Recording Voicemails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ksekys, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ksekys macrumors newbie

Hello. I'm sure I'm in the wrong forum, but if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I have a very sentimental voicemail from my nephew that will be erased tonight at midnight. I need to know if there is an easy way to record the voicemail on to the computer using the microphone or a relatively easy way to download it. I do not have an iPhone. I have a plain old Samsung. :eek:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I believe Skype is still offering a free trial of SkypeOut. Grab the app, and use it to dial your outside voicemail number (whatever you use to connect from other phones). You can record the message being played in Skype using the trial version of Audio Hijack Pro. It limits you to 10-minute recordings, but I assume the message is shorter than that.

3. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

If one of the less-complicated procedures doesn't work, you could always put your phone on speaker phone (or really loud and close to the mic if you don't have it), then record a video (w/ sound) using Photo Booth, or maybe something like audacity.