Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jodeo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Middle Tennessee
Pardon the re-post...

Without warning or cause, the down arrow on my wired aluminum extended keyboard doesn't work. (All other arrow keys - heck, ALL other keys - work fine.) It hasn't been exposed to anything (e.g. fluids) nor has there been any software updates or special apps installed that might affect this. And, yes, I’ve reset the PRAM.

I popped the key cap off and blew out dust, etc but no luck. All other keys work fine. I don't see screws to disassemble and clean it (unless they're under the pads).

Can this be disassembled? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Pardon the re-post...

Without warning or cause, the down arrow on my wired aluminum extended keyboard doesn't work. (All other arrow keys - heck, ALL other keys - work fine.) It hasn't been exposed to anything (e.g. fluids) nor has there been any software updates or special apps installed that might affect this. And, yes, I’ve reset the PRAM.

I popped the key cap off and blew out dust, etc but no luck. All other keys work fine. I don't see screws to disassemble and clean it (unless they're under the pads).

Can this be disassembled? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Check if the key works from safe mode. If the key still does not work, try SMC reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.