Down grade and app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rappar, Aug 19, 2016.

1. rappar macrumors member

I have an app on my iPhone and iPad. The older version is on the iPhone, the newer one on the iPad. I had forgotten to take the auto upgrade feature off the iPad when I purchased it recently. The problem is the newer version of the app will not work from the iPad. The older one on the iPhone is fine and did work on the iPad until the auto upgrade. I know there will never be a fix for the iPad so was wondering if there is any way I can transfer the older version from the phone to the iPad.
    Thanks.

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

If you are jailbroken by any chance, you can install appadmin which will allow you to downgrade apps directly from the app store. If not, you would have to have an older copy of the app on your computer to sync over.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you don't have the app in iTunes, you could try plugging in your iPhone and transferring purchases from iPhone to iTunes. It may download that specific version from your phone to the computer. If you already have the newer version in your iTunes library, delete it and then try the transfer method.

5. bufffilm, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

When will people realize that auto-update should always be turned off!

It is not your friend.

6. rappar thread starter macrumors member

I agree. This was a brand new iPad and I forgotten to turn it off.