Down grade help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 10021k, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 10021k macrumors newbie

Hello i got my shsh blobs saved from tiny umbrella but i don't know how to down grade with my blobs how do I do this?

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

The simple answer is most likely, you don't.

There are SOME devices that you can, but for the most part, you will not be downgrading your IOS.

What device do you have? What IOS are you on? What IOS do you desire to be on?

3. 10021k thread starter macrumors newbie

Ipod touch 5g on ios 9.2.1 wanting to go back to ios8.4.1 I got my shsh blobs for this version

4. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I don't think it is possible.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Blobs haven't been relevant since iOS 7 when APTicket replaced them. Apple does not use them for authentication anymore.

That said, there is Odysses. Unfortunately, while your device is 32-bit Apple is not signing iOS 8.4.1 for the iPod Touch 5g.

Even more unfortunate for you, to even BEGIN this process you need to be jailbroken first. And since you are currently on iOS 9.2.1, well, you don't have a jailbreak. And since Apple isn't signing 8.4.1 for the iPod Touch 5G it doesn't matter anyway.

You're stuck.

6. srikatam macrumors newbie

srikatam

Damn, not many people still save their shsh blobs nowadays. Probs to you but I don't think it's possible to downgrade in your case.