Down, Left, Right, Right side Shift keys don't work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dedalus, Sep 20, 2009.

1. dedalus macrumors member

I've tried to look everywhere for answers but nothing works. System is updated with the latest updates (10.5.8) This happens with every program I use. Any one has any solutions please?

Manuel

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you post a problem like this, it helps a lot if you provide enough information for people to be able to know what's going on. You didn't mention what computer model you're using, what keyboard you're using, what the symptoms are, etc.

3. dedalus thread starter macrumors member

sorry should have been more specific. MBPro July 2007 always worked great never a problem. A week ago it those keys have started not working for no apparent reason. the keys don't work under any circumstances or programs. I don't have hyperspaces installed. hope this better explains the situation.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If a reboot doesn't fix the problem and you haven't recently installed any keyboard-modifying software, it may be that your keyboard has hardware issues and needs to be replaced.

5. CTechKid macrumors regular

This thread isn't about how to get 40 lives in Contra?!?!?! :p

6. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Ah. The Konami Code lives :D

To the OP, yes, it's your keyboard. Take it to Apple, where they will most likely charge nearly $300 to repair it.

Or, if you're comfortable with screwdrivers and following instructions, you can buy a MacBook Pro keyboard for about $90 and replace it yourself. Up to you.

7. m0no macrumors regular

Ha, that's actually what I thought it was at first!