Down-size & ship faster or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Flojojr2007, Jul 20, 2009.

  1. Flojojr2007 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    #1
    I ordered the 13" mbp on the 15th and after speaking with someone from apple they told me that it wouldn't ship until the 29th. They gave me the option of upgrading to the 15", which I would prefer not to do because I like the size of the 13" or downgrading to the base model.

    So basically I'm trying to figure out if I should just downgrade and have my mac sent out tomorrow, which would involve me upgrading to 4gb ram & the 250 hard drive or should I just wait?

    I plan on using my mac for web design, video editing, and just daily use. Oh and I plan on playing games but only like Sims 3, WoW, and Myst, nothing hardcore. Is there a big difference between 2.26ghz & 2.53ghz?
     
  2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

    geoffreak

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    #3
    Regardless of the power differences, if you don't need the laptop until the first week of August, just wait. You already made your decision regarding which laptop you chose.
     
  3. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2009
    #4
    yeh, i agree. you chose that configuration for a reason, so unless its a desperate situation and you can wait, then i would. better to wait and get the laptop you want rather than be disappointed but get it fast.
     
  4. Flojojr2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2009
    #5
    I only picked that one because I thought there was a big difference and speed but after reading these forums I've heard maybe the speed really isn't that much different.

    This would be my first mac so I really don't know what to expect. Either processor would be much faster than my previous one on my hp.
     

Share This Page