Down to the last few questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by internetwarlord, Nov 16, 2009.

  1. internetwarlord macrumors newbie

    Nov 16, 2009
    Should I get the macbook pro 13 instead the macbook 13, because I can upgrade the ram to 8Gb total in the long run.

    Either way should I also wait for black friday to come around before making the purchase?

    And lastly I see on the guide that "Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle" should I wait for this reason alone

    And is this ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD a wise idea?
  2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

    Spanky Deluxe

    Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    The MacBook Pro line is close to an update so if you can wait then you probably should. After the update, the MBP will be much better value than it is now. Mind you, you'd likely have to wait until January at the earliest. The MacBook's just been updated so won't be refreshed anytime soon so if you decide to go that route then you'll be safe in the knowledge that it won't be replaced for up to about half a year. Personally, I prefer the MacBook Pros though mainly due to looks.

    As far as the Zagg invisible shields go, honestly, I don't really see the point. I got one for my iPhone and hated it. It started to peel off when I kept it in my pockets and ended up looking messy and tacky. I now use a proper case for it.

    Get yourself a good neoprene case. I've had my 15" MacBook Pro for a year now and it is still flawless (touchwood).
  3. mfaye21 macrumors regular

    Aug 29, 2009
  4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020


    Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    What software/things are you going to be running/doing on it?

    I used to be on the "make sure you can upgrade" bandwagon...but I after owning several macs and doing limited upgrading.

    I think personally I am going to try to upgrade computers every two years and resell the old one- I have heard this can be a great way to always have an up to date machine for minimal additional cost from just owning one for a longer period of time.

    So I think you need to evaluate how long you expect to have the machine, what you are using it for, your cash flow, etc. that should make a decision easier.
  5. internetwarlord thread starter macrumors newbie

    Nov 16, 2009
    Think you answer it for me waiting is not an issue for me. Just saving up the cash ($1,700) I've gone this long(16 years) with out my own computer whats another 3 months.


    Well plan on everything from college homework, email, web surfing, if I can or have time gaming(fps, wow)
    Just allways heard Upgrading RAM was a cheap solution to increase the self life of computer

    Want to get at least 3 years out of it. Far as cash I got $1,700 more if I wait probably another $400 in january.

    Thanks again all

Share This Page