Down to THESE following iPhone 6 Plus Cases. help me decide

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hasanahmad, Sep 20, 2014.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

1. Apple Silicon Case: Does this have enough lips to protect the phone from face impact?

2. i-Blason Crystal Clear Case: http://www.amazon.com/Scratch-i-Bla..._1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1411271292&sr=1-1

3. Spigen Air Cushion : http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-CUSHI..._1_8?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1411271292&sr=1-8

4. Air Jacket for 6 Plus. http://www.powersupportintl.com/Air-Jacket-Rubber-Black-for-iPhone-6-Plus-p/upyk-82.htm does this have lips?

5. Insignia Case Black: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-case-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-black/8451236.p?id=1219334913176&skuId=8451236&st=categoryid$abcat0811006&cp=1&lp=2

6. Spigen Air Skin: http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Premi...279946&sr=1-1&keywords=iphone+6+plus+air+skin

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

#3 Spigen Air Cushion in terms of looks and protection.

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

do you have it? does it have lips for protecting the screen on face first impact?

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Had it on my 5S and it was one of my favorites. Actually just ordered the Spigen and I-Blason for the 6 myself today. In regards to face protection, description states it has a raised lip of .8mm.

For my previous iPhone, it saved my screen on numerous occasions!

5. Epiphron macrumors regular

I'm liking the air cushion as well. But I read that someone thought the buttons were hard to press so they're returning it

6. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

7. teabonesteak macrumors regular

have the air cushion for the 6 for the wife and it's great for the price. id go with that for now, then wait until the verdict is out for the higher priced ones....

i have it for the 6+ but mine is still on a plane in china.

8. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

So air cushion seems to be the popular consensusn

9. kchloee macrumors member

I bought the Air Cushion, will let you know how it fits tomorrow when my phone arrives. So far, I like the look and feel.

10. arliu macrumors regular

I got the clear insignia as a temp case to hold me over until the ps case is out. The insignia is not bad at all. Protects every where and it has me leaning toward just keeping this case

11. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I got the Spigen last week. As people have said, they're great cases. Just nice in aesthetics & protection. My complaint is this. The bezel is smooth, like the phone. I want grip of sort or texture. I usually dislike texture but when it's needed functionally, it's needed. I've tried two sand papers on it to try to scuff it but it's a nice material apparently. haha. I've also ordered 4 ZooGue cases. LOVE their cases in the past and their owner posted that he is taking a phone to china this week to accept order/final fit approval.

That said, that I-Blason looks really cool. Anyone have experience? I hate to drop another 15$ and add to my stack of cases but tempt me!

12. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I have the clear as well. Every time I get something else, I keep coming back to the insignia. Thinking of getting the black as well, as you cant beat it for the price

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I ordered the ultra hybrid I should have it tomorrow I can let you know how it is

15. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If you're looking for a lip to protect the front of the phone, you can cross out the Spigen Air Skin. I actually prefer no lip, as I like the feel of the rounded edges of the screen. The Air Skin has too much lip for me, but not enough for you. It also won't protect against drops at all. It's too thin. It's made for protecting from scratches, and not much else.

16. kwando macrumors member

Air cushion! It has a lip for the user to place the phone screen down. Buttons are not hard to press at all. There is full 360 protection, meaning the bottom and top is not open.

I bought two and only have one phone. In the past these clear cases will turn color (brownish) so I have a backup.

17. RickG macrumors regular

18. 55test55 macrumors 6502

I have the black insignia case. It's actually pretty damn nice. Just a temporary case. It offers very little protection for drops or anything. I find myself liking it more and more every day, but i need something more protective.

19. toxicity033 macrumors member

debating between the air cushion & the i-blason myself

20. yezza macrumors regular

I'm going to suggest the Power Support because, well, that's what I've ordered. Based on previous versions of it, the fit is great, clean and minimal look without branding in your face, and a good balance of protection vs not being bulky.

Still waiting on the arrival of my rubberised black one for the 6 plus.

21. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

I bought the Best Buy Insignia case and returned it, due to bad construction.

Have you checked out Incipio there cases have a dual layer protection on them.

22. Zinthar macrumors 6502

My vote would be for the Apple silicone case, but I'm biased and it's the only one of the six that I've personally tried. That said, it's the best phone case I've ever used -- nice soft-touch, grippy material and I believe the edges of the case come up enough over the curves of the front of the phone to make it nearly impossible for the display to hit the ground if you drop the phone on a completely flat surface.

Although the bottom looks susceptible, the bottom corners of the case stick up enough that they'd probably hit the ground first.

With Apple's return policy, trying it is a pretty safe option.

23. arliu macrumors regular

so i got the power support air jacket, and it is 10x better than the insignia!! Its double the price of the insignia, but totally worth it!

24. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Drop tests show that it does protect the phone quite well.
    Fits perfectly.
    Feels good in hand.
    Easily transitions in/out of pockets.

25. T4R06 macrumors 65816

#2 no branding at the back plain and awesome. bought one and my plus is still backordered lol