Down with black icons!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 7, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I hate black icons. I'm not racist or prejudice, but they just blend into the SpringBoard way to easily and look rather silly. Before you start "But, Apple's Clock icon is black!" ... I've never been a fan of the default Clock icon either... doesn't it just like it stands out compared to the brightly colored icons? Black on Black is stupid looking. Reminds me of somebody wearing black shirt, black pants, black shoes, black socks and black hat.... then having that person run on the side of the road at night.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You realize it sounds a little weird when you automatically say you're not a racist because you don't like black icons. You're kidding, right? I don't like black paint to be the primary color of an inside room, but don't feel the need to say I'm not racist because I AESTHETICALLY don't like the color.

On topic, any app with a black icon has a thin white border around it. If you don't like them, put them all on one page together.

3. The General macrumors 601

Or jailbreak, change the icons, and quit yer bitchin.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Are you suggesting he segregate them? That's racist!

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Ya, but he shouldn't be forced to do this to get the icons to be fairly visible. This problem shouldn't exist in the first place.

6. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

yea this thread is worthless. thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my time.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

yea this post is worthless. thanks for wasting 10 seconds of my time.

8. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The thread title is pretty descriptive. You didn't have to click it. I just don't like black icons on a black background. If we could change the background color, it would be fine. Apple should give us the option to at LEAST change the background COLOR even if we can't put a photo there, it would be a step in the right direction. We can change our desktop picture on the computer, why not on the iPhone? We ALL know it's possible!

9. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i agree.

the only icon that i have that does this is the MobileAP app for news. it really looks awkward when you look at the phone because it's the only app that doesn't have a border you can see. all you see is a brown hat.

maybe they will release an updated icon with a white border to make it uniform with the rest of the apps out there.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I couldn't agree more...

...and I get why you made the snide racist remark...it works.

Here is what I use on Winterboard. Its REALLY difficult to design a clock icon that looks interesting?!

Attached Files: