Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DamianCrisafull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
K so I've followed a ton of guides and youtube videos but still no luck. This is exactly what I've done but no luck so maybe you guys can show me my error.

I'm using Mac OSX 10.4 Intel, itunes v7.42 InDependence v1.3.1 and iPhuc downloaded from here http://www.iphoneanywhere.ca/Downloads-amp-Tutorials-sp-2.html
Phone Baseband-04.02.13_G

First i downloaded the 1.1.1 update renamed the .zip to .ipsw put the phone into Recovery mode by holding down the home and power buttons for 10 seconds then the home for another ten. Then in iTunes i hold alt/option and click restore, choose my 1.1.1 update file and restore my phone. All good there I get the 1015 error like guides say I should and my phone goes back into recovery mode but the problem is getting out of it. Guides say use Independence to kick it out of that mode but it just says disconnected waiting for iPhone. I waited about 10 minutes but no luck so I tried the iphuc method by unziping the file I downloaded from the link above droping the iPhuc Jailbreak OSX on terminal and hitting enter. It says something like sending command to iphone in recovery mode so i paste this "cmd setenv auto-boot true" command into terminal but I get a bus error? I'm really lost on how to get it out of recovery mode :confused: am I doing something wrong with iPhuc?

any help appreciated
-Damian

Retired
May 16, 2006
Don't have iNdependence open, unplug and re-plug the phone, Quit iTunes, open iNdependence and it should work.

hidehide

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
I think you should choose "Enter DFU mode" in independence prior to downgrading your iphone..
And remember to close your itunes and close the "ituneshelper" process...

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
I really dont think you can go from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 successfully... it doesnt activate the phone.

quetranza

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2003
Keep in mind that the phone will not re-activate until you get it back up to 1.1.2 - but it will work just fine as long as you run Oktoprep to prepare for the 1.1.2 jailbreak.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Keep in mind that the phone will not re-activate until you get it back up to 1.1.2 - but it will work just fine as long as you run Oktoprep to prepare for the 1.1.2 jailbreak.

I am stuck at the same point that Damian is...I used Brandon88's instructions using jailbreak.jar (12" PB on 10.4.11 using a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with iTunes 7.5)...the phone just hangs at the kick-out of DFU mode process (step 4)...Do I need to download oktoprep? I didn't see that in the instructions at this point...

quetranza

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2003
I am stuck at the same point that Damian is...I used Brandon88's instructions using jailbreak.jar (12" PB on 10.4.11 using a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with iTunes 7.5)...the phone just hangs at the kick-out of DFU mode process (step 4)...Do I need to download oktoprep? I didn't see that in the instructions at this point...

No, oktoprep is something that you install with installer.app after you jailbreak.

So you have 1.1.1 installed, and your iPhone is showing the "connect to iTunes" screen? In that case, you should run jailbreak.jar and it should give you the "boot from recovery" option. Does it get all the way through the iTunes restore process with the error 1015 at the end?

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
No, oktoprep is something that you install with installer.app after you jailbreak.

So you have 1.1.1 installed, and your iPhone is showing the "connect to iTunes" screen? In that case, you should run jailbreak.jar and it should give you the "boot from recovery" option. Does it get all the way through the iTunes restore process with the error 1015 at the end?

First of all thank you quetranza for taking the time with me...
Yes, I get the 1015 error and the 1.1.1 downgrade goes just fine, but it does not seem to want to kick out of DFU mode...the little gear just keeps spinning and it says "waiting for iPhone"...I have waited for over 15 minutes and nothing...:mad:

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
same problem? but bit later . . .

i have windows xp, iphone 1.1.2 from germany with t-mobile, iTunes 7.5

i also folloew the guide for noobs and when i should kick the iphone out of recovery it stops at the point : sending command sor somethng but i found a post which says it doesnt metter when u were once before in recovery, cause i were once in it i thought okay, just klick cancel. everything seems fine to now but when i start the iphone there is a message SIM Locked
Insert a valid or unlocked SIM to activate iPhone.
My problem: i alrdy activated the iPhone after i bought it from t-mobile. now i cant unlock it cause it doesnt ask we what my PIN is or something? so i slided the emergeny buttnonand followed that guide. i typed *#307# and pressed call but their comes an other message which tells me to insert SIM or something..:( now i dont know how i can come to my safari button to visit this site where i can doenload the installerapp...?? could anyone help me ??

when i connect the iphone to itunes itunes tells me there isnt a valdi SIM nor something so i cant even restore it to 1.1.2 o_O''

i could cry plz help me.

PLZ :)

DamianCrisafull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
fixed. i used the 1.1-2jail break kit, and used jailbreak.jar on my mac. clicked boot from recovery mode, then the iphone restarted with the 1.1.1 connect to itunes. jailbreak.jar never finished it's process, just stuck on restarting phone. After connecting the iphone to itunes, it activated, i jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com, then installed the OKTOPREP in 1.1.1 tweaks. Then downloaded the 1.1.2 firmware from iphones-hacks.com, then option clicked update, and installed the 1.1.2 firmware. Then opened the jailbreak.jar again, and had it 1.1.2 jailbreak, and now i have a 1.1.2 jailbroken / perfect iphone. Reply if you need elaboration on anything.

quetranza

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2003
First of all thank you quetranza for taking the time with me...
Yes, I get the 1015 error and the 1.1.1 downgrade goes just fine, but it does not seem to want to kick out of DFU mode...the little gear just keeps spinning and it says "waiting for iPhone"...I have waited for over 15 minutes and nothing...:mad:

You might need to quit iTunes. Or quit jailbreak.jar and start it again. It did take me a few times to get the process right, but once it worked, it was easy. Don't unplug the phone and plug it back in - that will start iTunes up again.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
fixed. i used the 1.1-2jail break kit, and used jailbreak.jar on my mac. clicked boot from recovery mode, then the iphone restarted with the 1.1.1 connect to itunes. jailbreak.jar never finished it's process, just stuck on restarting phone. After connecting the iphone to itunes, it activated, i jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com, then installed the OKTOPREP in 1.1.1 tweaks. Then downloaded the 1.1.2 firmware from iphones-hacks.com, then option clicked update, and installed the 1.1.2 firmware. Then opened the jailbreak.jar again, and had it 1.1.2 jailbreak, and now i have a 1.1.2 jailbroken / perfect iphone. Reply if you need elaboration on anything.

Cool Damian...so jailbreak.jar never finished...that was the problem I was having...If I am reading you correctly, you are saying everything worked even though jailbreak.jar never told you it was successful in kicking the phone out of DFU mode?

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
??

that didnt answered my question cause i can't come to my home screen to click on safari.. it allways tells me to insert a valid or unlocked SIM?
But my SIM card which i activated after i bought it is insite..?

So what can i do to come on my home screen so i can go to safari. or where can i enter my pin?
why doestn the iphone connect to my activated SIMcard?

Or if nothing helps, HOW CAN I RESTORE IT BACK TO 1.1.2 ??

Cause at the moment i cant use my iPhone..:apple: its useless for me.
plz try to help me guys.

aswhelan

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
same problem with jailbreaking

DamianCrisafull, I see you got yours activated. I am currently suffering the same mind boggling problem. I have used the updated downgrade to 1.1.1 method and jailbreak.jar program. Here is what happens. I downgrade to 1.1.1 and get error 1015. Itunes stays at restore screen and iphone has itunes connection pic on it. I load jailbreak.jar (on mac) but nothing happens. Jailbreak gets stuck at 'rebooting..sending commands'. I tried this with both itunes open and closed. Any thoughts

prodigy883

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
DamianCrisafull, I see you got yours activated. I am currently suffering the same mind boggling problem. I have used the updated downgrade to 1.1.1 method and jailbreak.jar program. Here is what happens. I downgrade to 1.1.1 and get error 1015. Itunes stays at restore screen and iphone has itunes connection pic on it. I load jailbreak.jar (on mac) but nothing happens. Jailbreak gets stuck at 'rebooting..sending commands'. I tried this with both itunes open and closed. Any thoughts

I think the problem you are having is that when you run jailbreak.jar you should not have itunes running. try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.