Downgrade 10.6 to 10.5

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ccolaco, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ccolaco macrumors 6502

I upgraded from OS X 10.5 to the WWDC '09 Developer Build of 10.6, but find it too buggy for my everyday use. I wanted to know what is the best way to go back to 10.5. I want to essentially "downgrade" as I do not have time to go a full installation of 10.5. Do I just boot from my 10.5 disc and install it as if I was doing it as an upgrade? Thanks in advance.

2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Not sure if you can, but that's your own fault for downloading something that would obviously be buggy.

3. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

What good is giving out a developers build if no one is going to install it. You don't need to treat him bad for installing something to test.

To OP:
    A clean install with a leopard disc would work.

4. ccolaco thread starter macrumors 6502

THanks a lot. I guess I'll just do a clean install.

5. pdjudd macrumors 601

I don't think that Apple advises people to use pre-release software as their primarily, day to day product. At least thats what Apple has always told me in the past.

6. ccolaco thread starter macrumors 6502

I am well aware of the risks involved when installing developer build software. I've done the same thing when 10.5 first came out, as well as iPhone beta software. So I know what I am doing. I am certainly not an amateur in this sense as I planned on going back to 10.5 all along. I was simply asking if there was a way to do it by avoiding a clean install. I was planning on doing a clean install anyway at some point, just didn't have time to do it right now.

7. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Umm, hence the name, DEVELOPERS build. So obviously Apple only wants DEVELOPERS to download it.

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube