Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

still in school

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks! It works perfect after a couple of reboots. No more Turbo SIM and carrying a second phone or asking strangers to "borrow" their phone. I also lucked out and had that specific Bootloader.

what do you mean by "after a couple of reboots"? it's not working for me... currently don't have SSH so I can't check if I have 5.08 or not.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
what do you mean by "after a couple of reboots"? it's not working for me... currently don't have SSH so I can't check if I have 5.08 or not.

I had to reboot the phone a couple of times but you could turn airplane mode on and off. It's better that way because I lost reception and EDGE when I did turned off the phone. Initially I had no service that's why I had to reboot or do the airplane mode toggle. I did it without checking the bootloader and got lucky. It's great that you don't need to SSH if you have a jailbroken phone.

mysticpam

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
Supposed code to check baseband version...

On the keypad as if to dial a phone number, type:
*3001#12345#
Then press call.

This is supposed to work, although I cannot confirm it because my iPhone is currently kaput.

I left the USA on military orders with my husband (Army) and AT&T refused to give us unlock codes to free our iPhones. Thus my crusade to determine a way to unlock after we had ignorantly updated to 2.2.1 months ago, not realizing we would find ourselves here...

So far I have gotten mine jailbroken, but not unlocked and I am nervously searching for a workable wireless network somewhere that I can use to test out this DownBB method. We are out in the country, in Grafenwöhr, so wireless is proving hard to find.

If anyone knows the magic words to tell AT&T to get them to offer me the unlocks, fabulous, I will buy you dinner. If not, then I will keep hoping that when I get to a wireless network, I can attempt this...

Wish me luck!! :eek:
Pamela McAlister

koollectablz

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
On the keypad as if to dial a phone number, type:
*3001#12345#
Then press call.

This is supposed to work, although I cannot confirm it because my iPhone is currently kaput.

I left the USA on military orders with my husband (Army) and AT&T refused to give us unlock codes to free our iPhones. Thus my crusade to determine a way to unlock after we had ignorantly updated to 2.2.1 months ago, not realizing we would find ourselves here...

So far I have gotten mine jailbroken, but not unlocked and I am nervously searching for a workable wireless network somewhere that I can use to test out this DownBB method. We are out in the country, in Grafenwöhr, so wireless is proving hard to find.

If anyone knows the magic words to tell AT&T to get them to offer me the unlocks, fabulous, I will buy you dinner. If not, then I will keep hoping that when I get to a wireless network, I can attempt this...

Wish me luck!! :eek:
Pamela McAlister
DNW.

garciarios

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Bootloader 5.9

I just fond out that if your bootloader is 5.9 that you cant downgrade th baseband no matter what....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.