Downgrade 3GS from 3.1 B2 to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chriswheat, Jul 16, 2009.

1. chriswheat macrumors regular

If this thread already exists, please chastise me appropriately and close this one, but I wasn't able to find it.

I upgraded to 3.1 Beta 2, (yes yes yes I'm an Apple Developer and my phone is registered).

I would like to downgrade one of my phones back to 3.0 (or even 3.1 Beta 1) but I can't do that because I don't have the original ipsw file around anywhere. Do these files exist somewhere on the internet still? I'd rather not get it from a torrent, I just want a legit download link, if there is one.

Since I don't think anyone has an original 3.0 ipsw for iPhone 2,1 (since it came loaded, and no one would need to "upgrade" a 3GS to 3.0) - I guess the closest I'll get is 3.1 Beta 1 for iPhone 2,1. Does anyone know if one of those exists on the internet?

Also, did Beta 2 change firmware? Is that a problem I'm going to run into with the downgrade?

Thanks for the help.

2. jd125p macrumors newbie

jd125p

I'm sure the firmware is available somewhere if search google. But I'm also in the same position i want to downgrade back to 3.0 and it will not let me, everytime i attempt to it says unknown error (1015). From what i heard its hit or miss downgrading i have no luck i cant even go back to 3.1 beta 1, and sure cant go back to anything else. If you do need the ipsw click the restore button (dont option click) and it should say there is new software available would you like to upgrade? and if you click yes it will start downloading 3.0

Goodluck