Downgrade 4.1 to 4.0.1...Camera Roll?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ItouchMe, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Gonna try to make this as short as possible. I was an idiot and broke my jailbreak when 4.1 was released because i though a 4.1 JB was going to come soon (I WAS TERRIBLY WRONG..WTF DEV TEAM). So now I want to downgrade to 4.0.1 which is not problem. My only problem is when I try to restore from my latest 4.1 backup, Itunes says I have old firmware and I can only restore from my latest 4.0.1 backup, which is 20 days ago! In those 20 days, I have taken a lot of photos and videos. Now I know that I can import my photos and vids into iPhoto, BUT when I bring them back into my phone, I have to import them as an event, but I want them back in my Camera Roll because im anal like that. So my question is. Is their any way to fake iTunes into letting you restore from your latest 4.1 backup while on 4.0.1, because I want all my photos that I have taken from my iPhone4 in my camera roll.

2. ItouchMe thread starter macrumors regular

ItouchMe

3. The LPT macrumors regular

maybe there might be some compatibility issues with hdr photos you might have taken? Since they are actually tagged as HDR in 4.1. Maybe the tag is causing it to be unreadable to an older iOS.

4. ItouchMe thread starter macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Does it usually let you restore from a backup thats from a higher firmware?

5. tooobe macrumors regular

I would try working on that OCD of yours instead. No offence.

6. ItouchMe thread starter macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Can i please get an educated non-sarcastic answer please?!?!?!?!?!?1

7. outphase macrumors 65816

No. Your only courses of action are reinstalling 4.1 to reclaim your photos then downgrading back or using some backup extractor program.

8. ignus graius macrumors regular

Not gonna work... best bet would be to upload all the pics to some sort of web space and access the photos from there, saving all of them to the camera roll.

I would just import to iPhoto if I were you.

9. ItouchMe thread starter macrumors regular

ItouchMe