General Downgrade 6.0 > 5.1.1 with shsh.. getting 1604 error..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spacemanps, Sep 26, 2012.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

As stated in the title, i tried to do my downgrade to 5.1.1, i have my shsh from 5.1.1. I used red snow to stitch a restore ipsw and tried to restore. I kept getting a 1604 error.. not sure of the solution. :mad:

i tried using a different ipsw of the iphone 4 (cdma) 5.1.1 software and it still didnt work.

2. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

I sometimes get that error.. I think it's a USB related issue. The only solution that has worked for me was to do the procedure on a different computer. In my case a cheap netbook from a few years ago worked when my more modern pc didn't.. I tried new cables, wiping USB controller from device manger, etc... Only the netbook worked (and this has happened more than once). It might be a path to explore for you, I hope it helps.

3. kim1406 macrumors newbie

I was having same problem when I used redsn0w. So, I came here and I found this great thread about downgrading using snow0breeze, and I tried it and it worked without any error.

Here is the post for you:

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

FYI Sn0wbreeze is PC only. I haven't tried downgrading so I have no experience to offer there.

5. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

guess ill just try it with my PC... hopefully that works

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

from the iphonewiki:

Error 1604
    Device was not pwned (signature checks were not blocked). Custom firmware can't be restored. Can also happen when there's a problem with the IPSW.