downgrade a 3g without shsh blobs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaHtSaN, Oct 13, 2010.

1. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

Hey guys, I need to downgrade a 3g iphone i have from 4.1 to 3.1.3 without the shsh blobs. For some reason I can't find a trustworthy tutorial for it, however I know for a fact its possible since I've paid someone to do it for me on 2 different phones, neither of which had shsh blobs saved.

Help would be enormously appreciated.

2. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

42 views and not one answer? Its really weird, the most trusted tutorial makers on youtube say you def need shsh files, noone here seems to know the answer, but I know for a fact that it is possible on 3g and used to be possible for 3gs.

I even had a brand new 3g 4.0.2 directly from apple, brought it to the guy, paid him $20, and he downgraded it to 3.1.3 in under 10 minutes. The only difference between me and him is that he knows one little thing that I don't, its kind of driving me crazy.

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Yes 3g can be downgraded to anything below 4.0 without SHSH blobs and no it was never possible with the 3gs.

4. Marley macrumors member

Marley

I did this with my 3g after upgrading to 4.01. If I remember correctly, all you need to do is download the ipsw file for whatever firmware you are trying to downgrade to, and hold shift while pressing restore (hold alt if you are on a mac) in iTunes in order to point to the file.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

With 3GS and newer devices, Apple implemented hardware SHSH security check. On 3G, it's only a software check which could easily be defeated. Thus, it's not really hard to upgrade or downgrade them.

6. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I've had a 3gs downgraded also before, I'm also fairly sure there were no SHSH files, and even if there were, the guy who downgraded them wouldn't have known what firmware they were for. Supposedly apple closed that hole though a few months ago.

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

If SHSH files exist for your phone on Cydia, anyone can get it with your phone in hand. Person charging people for JB should know this. At worst, without saved SHSH files, he could say sorry not able to downgrade & no charge.

If there was a way to downgrade w/o SHSH on 3GS and newer devices, Dev Team, Chronic Team, Geohot and so on would have told use already.

8. sclough macrumors regular

Just so I'm clear, you can downgrade the OS on a 3g without SHSH, but that will not downgrade the baseband, correct? I'm trying to jb and unlock a 3g phone that got upgraded to 4.1 and the latest baseband.

9. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Really, don't want to repost everything again.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1030389

10. sclough macrumors regular

Yea, sorry didn't see that. I was hoping beyond hope...

11. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I don't charge for jailbreak, I send iPhones to people I know in Israel and Russia which need to be jailbroken and unlocked. Its not like i'm in an iPhone export business, I just do send a phone or 2 every once in a while, its no livelihood. And I do know how to downgrade if SHSH blobs are saved. But I'm not talking about that, I have had a 4.0.2 iphone 3gs downgraded to 4.0.1 where I knew for a fact that SHSH blobs weren't saved. I know its not possible any more, the reason was given a few posts up.

12. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

I was talking about person you paid to JB. There was a short period (2 weeks) when Apple first release 4.0.2 they strangely still allowed people to restore with 4.0.1 & 4.0.2. It sounds like you are lucky to fall into that timeframe.

13. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, you're probably right.

14. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Like I said not possible to downgrade a 3gs without blobs and it was never said a few posts up. Apple did an extremely odd thing by signing 4.0.1 much much longer then they normally sign less then most current firmwares.

15. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Well then I guess he was able to do it because Apple was still signing for 4.0.1, like I said, I really don't know, all I know is it went from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

16. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

One more time.....

The only way you could have done that with a 3GS without saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.0.1 is if Apple was still signing iOS 4.0.1 at the time. Period. No other possible answer.

You can say "All I know" as many time as you want and that does not change the facts.

S-

17. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Erased Duplicate of previous response....

18. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Ok... They were signing it I guess... I conceded that was probably the reason posts ago.

19. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

Question .. help!

I m buying 3g 8gb. Can i unlock or downgrade it?? After I jailbreak&unlock, can i restore/downgrade to apple OS?? I know about jailbreakme.com but need llink tutorial to restore and downgrade.

Thanks!!

20. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I guess?? Probably??? There is no "guess" or "probably" about it. Jeez....

S-

21. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Give up this dude knows what he's talking about.:rolleyes:

22. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Yeah....I found that out early on with this one.

S-

23. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Lol, are you guys serious? I'm not arguing.

24. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Are you just arguing for the hell of it? I agreed a long time ago.

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I agree. No idea why they’re posting about posts that you’re already agreed were wrong.