Downgrade a new iPhone, then unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ketsjap, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Ketsjap macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm living in Europe, but at the end of October I'll be heading for Las Vegas for work. I wanted to pick up an iPhone there and unlock it, to use it in Belgium.

But the 21st of October, probably all of the iPhones in the applestores will be 1.1.1, I guess.

What I was wondering: is it possible to downgrade those phones back to 1.0.2, and then unlock them using iUnlock?

What a bummer... Now i'm finally comming to the US, they upgrade the firmware :s

2. Affe macrumors member

First, I would think that by the 21st there will be a new unlocking method for the current firmware, but that's not for sure.

Secondly, I bought my iPhone yesterday, it was running 1.1.1 now it is unlocked! I could only downgrade on my Mac (didn't work with Windows for me). I first downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware from (http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr <<< Just use the download link in the boldened text. You don't have to download ibrickr) Then I held sleep/wake buttons and made it pop up the "Connect To iTunes" screen. Then when you click the restore button, hold down the alt key while hitting it. It will then let you go find where you downloaded the firmware. Then I just followed the unlocking guides and it worked!

3. Ketsjap thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that's awesome! There is light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Thanks for replying!

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Interesting. Reports have been that you cannot downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 or earlier...

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

One would hope that if the new version gets unlocked, that the hackers this time don't brag about how it was done. Just helps Apple lock it down again.

6. b257177 macrumors regular

Not so, at least not any longer... a user named Kmac1985 figured out how and posted it on the Hackint0sh forums last night.. it has been confirmed and reposted by the iPhone Dev team.

Hope this helps.

7. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 is possible (as posted above), but you will need to use bbupdater to flash the new baseband with the modded one. iUnlock and AnySIM currently don't support the new modem.

8. oblachko macrumors newbie

I use this metod to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 i do it and after that i activate the iphone put when i try to put apptapp its stay forever on please connect to itunes and never finish. When i restart the phone i have install.app i try go install BSD Subsystem but i can not its error. Do you have ideas what to do?