Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
update to 4.3 i do have my blobs save on cydia 4.1/4.2 can i just downgrade back to 4.2/4.1? i didnt save my shsh blobs on tiny um on my mac..
i do have the 4.0.2 files saved on my mac..can i just use that then go back on 4.1/4.2?

i did update my itunes ect..on my mac..will i have to downgrade my latest itunes?

thanks

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
On IP4, you can only restore back to whatever SHSH blobs you have saved.

Do:
1) Download and run Tinyumbrella. Click "Save my SHSH...". What was saved are what you can restore to. Next, click on "TSS Server...".
2) Find and download the firmware file you wish to restore to.
3) Startup iTunes and restore with downloaded firmware file.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
tiny umbrella wont kick me off recovery mode...it shows a text by greenposin but thats all...how can i exit off recovery mode..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can go up and down to whatever firmware you want as long as you have shsh blobs for that particular phone and the firmware version you're trying to restore to.
What firmware are you stuck on now and your phone is stuck on recovery?
The TU site has plenty of info and tools to help you kick it out of recovery mode.
http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/p/prevent-iphone4-baseband-update.html
http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-03-23T10:46:00-04:00&max-results=1

JCA90

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
So i updated to 4.3, and my phone backed up on 4.3, and then i wanted to downgrade to 4.2.1 (i have shsh blobs saved all the way back to 3.1.3) and i was able to downgrade fine and everything worked, but when i went to restore from backup, it said i couldn't restore with this backup because it was made with a future firmware. So my question is, is there a way to get past that, or do i have to dig for a backup from my time machine (which is a week old) to get it to work?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So i updated to 4.3, and my phone backed up on 4.3, and then i wanted to downgrade to 4.2.1 (i have shsh blobs saved all the way back to 3.1.3) and i was able to downgrade fine and everything worked, but when i went to restore from backup, it said i couldn't restore with this backup because it was made with a future firmware. So my question is, is there a way to get past that, or do i have to dig for a backup from my time machine (which is a week old) to get it to work?

Yes, you have to find an older backup that was for 4.2.1 or below.
You wont be able to use the 4.3 backup on older firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.