Downgrade Baseband 2.10.04 to 1.59.00

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lichlad, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Lichlad macrumors newbie

Hi All...

Firstly apologies if this has been covered, but I have read SO many different and conflicting stories on this.

If Cydia HAS NOT saved my blobs...is it possible to downgrade my baseband.

I thought they were saved, and I've just restored my iphone to my previous version but the baseband updated too.
    It's not letting me restore my phone back to 4.0.1...which i was trying just to see if that worked but now im at a bit of a loss..

Do I need to wait until 4.2 and unlock is released or is there really a way to downgrade???

thanx for any help!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even if you could downgrade to earlier firmware you will not be able to unlock yet since you updated your baseband and that doesnt get downgraded.
    All you can do is wait for the 4.2 JB and new unlock to be released.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No, it's not possible to downgrade the baseband.

4. CryingElectron macrumors newbie

Hi,

Don't be disappointed. New version of ultrasn0w that will unlock the new basebands is expected to arrive a few days after iOS 4.2

PS: iOS 4.2 is expected to arrive on coming Friday.

Good luck..!! :):)
    -CryingElectron

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just to clear this up, the unlock for 3G and 3GS on 4.1 is complete (5.14.xx)
    Should be available soon.
    The unlock for iPhone 4 (2.10.xx) is still being worked on at last report.
    Probably gonna be a while longer.

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Since shsh signing exist for the baseband on IP4 i thought it would only be a matter of time before Saurik or Tiny Umbrella came up with a way to save the baseband SHSH and facilitate downgrading of the baseband.
    It would seem that it is technically possible but have seen nothing that suggest either of them are working on it.

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You already can save the iPhone 4's 01.59.00 baseband through TinyUmbrella. You just can't downgrade the baseband - that has not be discovered yet.

8. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

As a rule, downgrading of baseband is not possible. That is why everyone recommends staying where you are or using pwnage tool or Tiny Umbrella to preserver your current baseband if you must upgrade. Some older iPhones did have the capability of downgrading the bb but those days appear to be behind us. See the dev team blog, where they will always tell you that if an unlock is critical to you, stay on your current release until an unlock is tested and delivered!

9. Lichlad thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all your help!
    Guess it's just a waiting game now then!

Thanks again!

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I guess I'm surprised this is still a subject of discussion. We haven't been able to downgrade the baseband on an iphone since the iphone 3g and then only if you have the extremely rare 5.08 bootloader.

Die question die...

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

not going to happen you can dream! people will always act in haste. ;)

12. dvdvd macrumors member

dvdvd

Well... it was technically possible to downgrade the baseband for the iPhone 4 in the past, but only within a time frame of about two days. When Apple was still signing SHSHs for 4.0.2 and 4.1 (when iOS 4.1 was released), if you did an official restore to 4.0.2, the baseband would get downgraded as well. Can confirm this since I have personally done this because I accidentally upgraded, so I had to downgrade to keep my 1.59.00 baseband.

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

People are lazy and aren't willing to keep up with the information about jb and unlocking. That's why I don't recommend it to someone who is unwilling to do the background work.

14. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You are right about people being lazy. Sadly this has been covered multiple times just by browsing the first page of posts in this forum.