Downgrade Baseband 6.15.00 to 5.13.04

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GlynJones, Sep 14, 2011.

1. GlynJones macrumors 6502

I recently won on eBay a used iPhone 3g which was stuck in recovery. I managed to get it out of recovery by using ios 4.1 and recboot on my Mac.

I then discovered that it has baseband 6.15.00 on it which I have since found out is the iPad baseband.

I’d like to return the iPhone to stock so that I can give it my youngest son as a Christmas present with no issues in itunes with regards’ to recovery etc.

I’ve read that it may be possible to downgrade baseband 6.15.00 to 5.13.04 but cannot find exact instructions for a Mac or confirmation that it works. If worst come to worst then I’ll leave it as is but it would be nice to get it back to stock.

Thanks in advance for any advice given

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There is no issue with syncing your Iphone 3G baseband 06.15.00. The only issue you will face is when you hook it to itunes and hit restore. So, I am not sure what is your concern on this.

If you are lucky enough to have bootloader 05.08 on your 3G, then you can downgrade its baseband from 06.15 down to 05.13. If your Iphone is jailbroken, you can install Fuzzyband from Cydia, run it and see what bootloader is on your phone.

If it shows 05.08, fuzzyband will then allow you to downgrade the baseband to the lower one.

If it shows anything higher than 05.08, then you will have to stuck with 06.15 baseband for now.