Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Hi,
I have 3gs on 6.1.2 [6.15.00] stuck in recovery mode needs to be unlocked and activated.
And also have saved shsh for 4.1 and 6.0.1.

Need some help before doing anything to myself. I have Googled a little bit, and found that i have 2 options, down grading bb and iOS.

kindly request your advice on this.
thanks/

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/26534086824/baseband-freedom

Restore it to 4.1 (no SHSH needed as Apple still signs this for 3GS)
Follow the tutorial in iClarified.com to get your baseband down to 5.13.xx (use older version of Redsn0w specified in the tutorial)
Then use Sn0wbreeze to do a No BB restore to 6.1.2

Now i tried to unlock while in 6.2.1 using thishttp://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456/3gs-update-6-1-2-unlock-jailbreak-done-1617623/

it activated for sometime, but didnt show the siganl and after a while end up in recovery mode again. And now cannot even downgrade to 4.1 error 20 shows.

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/26534086824/baseband-freedom

Restore it to 4.1 (no SHSH needed as Apple still signs this for 3GS)
Follow the tutorial in iClarified.com to get your baseband down to 5.13.xx (use older version of Redsn0w specified in the tutorial)
Then use Sn0wbreeze to do a No BB restore to 6.1.2

thank your for your advice sir.
Now i have downgraded to 4.1 BB 6.15.00, is it possible to unlock without downgrading BB.

skeav

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
having the same problem here but cant for life of me get it to downgrade to 4.1 tried snowbreeze and redsnow both error out tried itunes but keep getting error 20 or 3194 any advice pls

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
thank your for your advice sir.
Now i have downgraded to 4.1 BB 6.15.00, is it possible to unlock without downgrading BB.

Yes with ultrasn0w, but it is better now to downgrade to the 05.13.04 BB and unlock with that, 06.15.00 does not have GPS, 05.13.04 i a stcok BB with full functionality

having the same problem here but cant for life of me get it to downgrade to 4.1 tried snowbreeze and redsnow both error out tried itunes but keep getting error 20 or 3194 any advice pls

Make sure your host file is pointing to cydia, you can try editing manually or use TinyUmbrella to set the host file to Cydia (advanced tab).
For a downgrade you need to be in DFU-mode, normal or recovery mode might cause the error 20

skeav

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
thanks for that finally got it downgraded to 4.1
next problem i changed baseband to ipad and then downgraded then did a custom ipsw to 6.1.2 to preserve baseband it said it would be stuck in recovery and to use the recovery fix to sort it but its an unsuported firmware in newest redsn0w evern tried tiny umbrella and it fails in htat as well :-(

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010

if the error is 20 that might be a signing problem, what i did was clean restore to 6.2.1.
Edit hosts file.
put the device in pwn DFU using redsnow
and restore to 4.1

----------

Yes with ultrasn0w, but it is better now to downgrade to the 05.13.04 BB and unlock with that, 06.15.00 does not have GPS, 05.13.04 i a stcok BB with full functionality

When downgrading BB i am little bit confuse the bootrom newer or older
The serial is xx0081 does it mean older bootrom??

thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
For restore to 4.1, pointing host file at Apple should help.
For downgrading baseband --> Follow the tutorial in iClarified.com to get your baseband down to 5.13.xx (use older version of Redsn0w specified in the tutorial)

Then Sn0wbreeze No BB restore to 6.1.2
Ultrasn0w to unlock

skeav

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
think i killed mine heres what i did really foolish so kicking myself at the moment
upgraded to 6.1.2 jailbroke via evasion
downgraded to 4.1 via snow breeze
upgraded baseband to 6.15.00 via resnow lost all signal
downgraded via redsnow still lost all signal
did custom install 6.1.2 via redsnow said it would need fix after
tried fix error no sig tried fix via tiny umbrella green poison failed
tried itunes restore failed error 3194
tried ireb resotre failed error 1600
tried redsnow failed sig file not available
tried older ireb failed error 1601
tried newer ireb and failed itunes cannont connect to server
any one with any idea stuck at itunes screen on phone

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
For restore to 4.1, pointing host file at Apple should help.
For downgrading baseband --> Follow the tutorial in iClarified.com to get your baseband down to 5.13.xx (use older version of Redsn0w specified in the tutorial)

Then Sn0wbreeze No BB restore to 6.1.2
Ultrasn0w to unlock

Hi, i tried to downgrade bb using the clarified tutorial (updated one) but end up in a recovery mode again.
thanks

skeav

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
fixed my problem had to use a different computer to restore now back on 6.1.2 but base band is on 05.16.08 need to be able to downgrade this if anyone has an idea as phone is locked to orange now :-(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
fixed my problem had to use a different computer to restore now back on 6.1.2 but base band is on 05.16.08 need to be able to downgrade this if anyone has an idea as phone is locked to orange now :-(

Downgrade to 4.1
You need to point your host file Cydia for 4.x restores
First you need to upgrade the BB to 06.15.00, this can only be done on older bootrom 3GS's makes ure you have oldbootrom before upgrading to 06.15.00

After that downgrade the BB to 05.13.04

Now use snowbreeze to upgrade to 6.1.2, it will preserve your BB, use Ultrasn0w to unlock, you might need ultrasn0w fixer as well.

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010

Need to ask you a question first, did you try to downgrade your BB when you were stuck in recovery??

Now I tried to downgrade BB but end up in recovery mode. Now trying to update to 6.1.2 again. But its taking hell o time here. Its is waiting for iphone but no itunes error

for your problem you need to create custom FW using snowbreeze, (search for the guide)

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Well it worked for others so somewhere you must be missing a step.

Now again I am stuck in recovery mode :( cannot event restore to 6.1.2 or 4.1. Even TU doesnt kick me out of recovery mode. Does it mean my bb flashed or the phone was bricked??

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Put it in DFU and restore to 4.1 or 6.1.2

Where is your host file pointing to?
Which redsn0w are you using

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010

Its in recovery loop. i edited hosts file, and tried to pwndfu using latest redsnow

----------

And also used tu and recboot to exit recovery mode. but ....

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Did you try to get it in DFU?

Thats what is needed to restore not pwn-DFU.

if you type gs.apple.com in your computers browser does it lead you to apple or cydia?

ahdhulla

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010

thanks for your time sir.
Now i have created ender dfu IPSW and restoring to 6.1.2.
Since i have bb downgrade you i ve gone through few post and found the bootrom version. Mine was xx0081xxxx.

when i update to 6.1,2 again i will be stuck on recovery right?? So do you suggest. I have some difficulties using snowbreez

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.