Downgrade El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Seridoense, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Seridoense macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm trying to downgrade the El Capitan for the Mavericks. I saw on the internet that it is possible but I can not get success in my attempts. If you guys can advise me how to do this, what would be your best advice?

My machine is MacBook Pro late-2009

2. Seridoense thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your concern. I created by Disk Maker X is a USB flash drive bootable with Mountain Lion. But when you try to install it happens here. I'm looking for the solution but without success.

Look:

3. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

What did you do to remove El Capitan before trying to install Mountain Lion?

4. Seridoense thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

So were you booted to the Mountain Lion USB key when you tried to format? Make sure you are, then go to the erase tab in Disk Util and select the internal drive brand name at the very top of the left column.. above where it says Macintosh HD. Then select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and apply that format. That will erase the entire drive including the El Capitan recovery partition.

6. Seridoense thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll call when they procure ALT tightening appears the USB drive. When I go to the notice that the interface is old, it appears to not be the El Capitan. but I will make your tip to erase the partition recovery. when I have the results here post

7. Seridoense thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem persists
    --- Post Merged, Feb 24, 2016 ---
    if I remove the SSD and formats it. q will be a way easier to delete the recovery partition?